The Scottish Football Museum celebrates its 20th year at Hampden in 2021.
From its early incarnation, occupying a small section of Glasgow’s Museum of Transport in the Kelvin Hall, it continues to grow and develop, going the extra mile to preserve our heritage as the nation that gave football to the world.
- The Museum is in the top three per cent of visitor attractions in Scotland
- The Museum has been formally accredited by Museums Galleries Scotland as a non-government funded National Museum
- The Scottish Football Museum’s Collection is Recognised as Nationally Significant by Museums Galleries Scotland
- The Museum was the first in Glasgow to receive the prestigious Five Star accolade from VisitScotland
- The Museum’s 14 galleries transport the visitor from the game's very humble 19th century beginnings to the modern day
- The Museum also hosts special exhibitions throughout the year making for an ever-changing landscape